PORTRAIT AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Session, Fees and Charges
1. A non-refundable Session Fee (The Fee you pay to book your session) is due in order to secure the session date and time. Jessica Jane Photography has the right to give the session date and time to another client if the session fee has not been received one week prior to the session.
2. The Session Fee includes up to 6 people in the session. Additional people will be an extra $30 per person.
3. Pricing of Prints, Wall Hangings & Digital Collections: Individual prints start at $85, wall hangings start at $250 and digital collections start at $900. The complete digital collection includes all high resolution images provided in black & white and colour on USB. The complete digital collection is available for $1,890.
4. Time and travel greater than 10 minutes will be charged at $50 per hour each way. Travel fees will be invoiced prior to session date.
5. I would never want to photograph someone who wasn’t feeling 100%. If someone becomes ill, please call as soon as possible to reschedule. Requests for rescheduling or re-shoots require 24 hours notice and are available at my discretion.
Sessions may be rescheduled if weather conditions will hinder the shoot (such as heavy rain).
6. If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement in whole or in part due to causes beyond the control of the parties (e.g. fire, casualty acts of nature) or due to Photographer’s illness or injury, then all fees will be returned to the Client(s) but the photographer shall have no further liability with respect to this Agreement.
7. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of Photographer. All precautionary measures in relation to equipment will be taken e.g. photographer will provide a backup camera, lenses, spare batteries and memory cards.
8. The client will not hold photographer or the owner of the property (if applicable) where sessions are held liable for any injury that may occur during the session.
9. Photographer will not be held responsible for the behaviour of children on the day. eg. Behaviour resulting in making it impossible to photograph. A re-shoot will be offered with the payment of another session fee.
Proofing and Ordering
1. After the session, client proofs will be provided within 3 weeks to be presented at the viewing and ordering session in our studio. Processing times depend on current work demands. Special care and time are taken to beautifully edit each image for the client gallery. For those who live long-distances and are unable to attend, and online ordering session will be arranged.
2. Additional editing & Photoshop Work: Images shown in the client gallery include basic retouching (removal of blemishes, skin smoothing, reduction of dark lines under eyes). Further custom or client directed retouching is an additional $20 per image.
3. A sneak peek containing 1-2 images from client session will be posted on Jessica Jane Photography’s Facebook page within 4 business days.
4. All orders must be confirmed in writing and accompanied by full payment before any order will be placed.
5. Due to cost of storage and gallery limits, where an order has not been received and paid for within 60 days, the images will be deleted.
Payment plans are available with administrative fees being applied.
Copyright and Reproductions
1. The Photographer shall own the copyright in all images created and shall have the exclusive right to make reproductions. The Photographer shall only make reproductions for the Client or for the Photographer’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use.
2. Client’s Usage. The Client is obtaining images for personal use only, and shall not sell images. Personal use includes sharing images to family and friends! If Client is obtaining images for newspaper announcement of a wedding, editorial or website use, the Photographer allows Client to do so, with reference to the photographer adjacent to the photograph.
3. All purchased images will remain on file for 1 year. Due to file storage limitations, unpurchased images will be deleted on 31 December each year at the discretion of Jessica Jane Photography. Ordering further prints and products is available until that date each year.
1. Inherent Qualities. The client is aware that colour dyes in photography may fade or discolour over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes as well as USB media which may deteriorate due to delamination and oxidation, and Client releases Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon the deterioration due to such inherent qualities.
Standard Session Fees
For a standard family/newborn photoshoot, the session fee is $250. All standard photoshoots include a fun and relaxed shoot with me, your images culled to the best of the best 40 shots, professionally retouched and displayed at your custom and personal viewing and ordering session. The session fee is payable at the time of booking in order secure your session date and time.
Pregnancy & Newborn Shoots
Book a combined maternity and newborn session for a $450 session fee. This includes a 30 min maternity session in the 7th-8th month of pregnancy plus a regular newborn session (approx 2-3 hours) once your bundle of joy arrives!